Vilas Elementary School is located at 220 Lawton in the Sunset Heights Historic District. Built in 1909, the school opened on January 13th, 1909, and was named after Dr. Walter N. Vilas, a pioneer El Paso physician and member of the school board from 1904 to 1908. At the time of its completion it only had 10 classrooms. One of Henry C. Trost’s most beautiful buildings, it is still in use today by the El Paso Independent School District.
For more information, please visit (1) El Paso History Alliance – Posts | Facebook, and (1) Facebook.
Text edited by Victor Hurtado
Other Names: Mundy Heights School
Construction Date: Jan 13, 1909
Address: 220 Lawton Ave. El Paso Tx