The Iglesia Catolica San Ignacio was erected in 1913, built by contractor R.S. Davis, a Church planted by Father Carlos Pinto. We have been unable to document the original architect. In circa 1921-1922, the firm of Trost & Trost drew and performed a remodel of the facade, in addition to an expansion of the choir loft inside the building. Trost’s remodel was done in an Italian Renaissance style, based on the Foundling Hospital in Venice, which Gustavus Trost observed during a trip to Italy in previous years. The towers, which were included in the remodel, were increased in height and given a baroque appearance. For more information, please see https://www.facebook.com/TrostSociety/posts/3142226189228759.
Photographs taken by Mark Stone 08/18/2020.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1922
Address: 1301 Third Avenue, El Paso