The Rosenwald Building was designed by Trost & Trost as Albuquerque’s first Reinforced Concrete building, and was advertised as New Mexico’s first fireproof business structure. Erected in 1909-1910, it was built by Aron and Edward Rosenwald as an expansion of their Dry Goods business they had opened in 1878. The building is designed in a Chicago School, according to the Society of Architectural Historians, and stands today as an Albuquerque landmark and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. For more information, please see https://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/NM-01-001-0098-02 and our narrative at https://www.facebook.com/TrostSociety/posts/2170282126423175
Modern photograph taken by Christopher C. Mead, and courtesy of the Society of Architectural Historians, linked to above. Old photographs are previously uncredited from the Trost Society archives.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1909
Address: Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, NM, USA