The Rio Grande Auto Painting Co. building was erected in 1916, designed by Trost & Trost in a Southwestern style, utilizing both Pueblo and Mission accents in what would be considered a “modern” presentation. The structure, owned by Tucson/El Paso Hoteliers Charles & Alzina DeGroff, was home to the Rio Grande Auto Painting Company, a business owned by G.G. Bakofsky. For more information, please see https://www.sketchclub.net/p/1916-rio-grande-auto-painting-co.html
Old advertisement is from the 1916 El Paso City Directory, via the UNT Digital Archives. Modern photo taken by Mark Stone July, 2018.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1916
Address: 1126 Texas Avenue, El Paso, TX, USA