The U.S. Army maintained a World War 1 Training facility outside Deming, New Mexico, called Camp Cody. In 1922, 320 acres of the deserted camp’s 2000 were purchased by Deming’s Chamber of Commerce, assisted by a consortium of Deming businessmen, led by Joseph Mahoney, for the purpose of repurposing the facility into a Sanatorium. In September, Trost & Trost drew plans for the facility; however we are unclear on how much of the Trost plans were actually used. Period photographs of the Sanatorium are not an easy match to the architectural drawings.
For more information, please see https://www.henrytrost.org/buildings/holy-cross-sanatorium/ and https://www.facebook.com/TrostSociety/posts/2148601358591252
Photographs are previously uncredited and come from the collection of Margaret Smith, via the Trost Society Facebook page
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1921
Address: 1050 Holy Cross Rd NW, Deming, NM 88030, USA