The Trost & Trost designed Crawford Hotel was completed and opened on Thanksgiving Day 1927, in Big Spring, Texas. A competing hotel, the Cole, was destroyed by fire during the summer of the same year, so the Crawford needed to open 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. The Crawford, located on the northeast corner of 3rd Avenue and Scurry, was demolished October 1968. The building was a seven-story brick structure, in an Early 20th Century Commercial design, with Spanish Colonial accents. The building faced south, with its frontage on Scurry. For more information, please see https://www.henrytrost.org/buildings/crawford-hotel/
Photographs are both courtesy of oldbigspring.com, via pinterest.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Nov 26, 1927
Address: 308 Scurry St, Big Spring, TX 79720, USA