The Albuquerque, New Mexico Ilfeld Warehouse was designed by Trost & Trost, and completed in 1923, as a part of Charles Ilfeld’s expansion of his Dry Goods/Hardware business, whose slogan was “Wholesalers of Everything”, throughout the state. The company was founded in 1865 in Las Vegas, New Mexico, and was experiencing growth throughout the 1920s. The building was an Early 20th Century Commercial style with strong Sullivanesque features, especially on the South elevation. We believe that demolition took place in the 1950s.
Photographs, taken during demolition, are courtesy of the Library of Congress’ HABS (Historic American Building Survey) at https://www.loc.gov/resource/hhh.nm0093.photos?st=gallery. Click on that link for many more photographs.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1923
Address: 193 1st Street Southwest, Albuquerque, NM, USA