The Carter White Building was completed in late 1909, designed by Trost & Trost and located on the Southwest corner of Franklin and Kansas. Period newspaper accounts of its erection identify it as a two or three story business block, costing $40,000 to build. The structure was historically significant at the time because it replaced what was considered a historical landmark, an 1884 private home owned by John Sorenson, the first building north of the Railroad Tracks in El Paso. (El Paso Herald, 11/01/1909, pg 13, which identifies the architects; El Paso Times, 11/09/1909 pg 8.)
The Carter White building was demolished in later years with the continuing expansion of downtown El Paso.
— Mark Stone
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1909
Address: Franklin and Kansas, El Paso, TX