Magdalena Hall Hotel - Trost Society

Magdalena Hall Hotel

Hotel Paso Del Norte

Magdalena Hall Hotel

Magdalena, New Mexico’s Old Magdalena Hall Hotel is a Trost & Trost designed Craftsman styled building erected in 1917. The 2-1/2 story building is registered in the National Register of Historic Places. It was originally built for Socorro County Deputy Sheriff Harry Hall, one of a number of Hotels built during the period¬† to serve a rapidly growing city, supporting area mining and ranch ventures. We believe it is the only remaining Hotel building from that area in Magdalena. For more information, please see https://www.facebook.com/TrostSociety/posts/2334539823330737

Modern photography courtesy of New Mexico True at https://www.newmexico.org/listing/old-magdalena-hall-hotel/1320/. Black & White photo of the vacant, deteriorating structur before it was restored, is courtesy of the Asset Detail page at the National Park Service (https://npgallery.nps.gov)

— Mark Stone


Additional Details

Other Names:
Type: Hotel
Construction Date: Jan 1, 1917
Address: Magdalena Hall Hotel, 404 2nd Street, Magdalena, NM, USA
Condition: Restored

Gallery